Do You Make These Mistakes In Your Relationship
Everyone makes mistakes when it comes to relationships. Repeating the same mistakes over and over can spell disaster for your relationship’s future. It is always a good idea to stop and evaluate how you are doing every once and awhile. Mistakes can be a powerful teaching experience. Strive to learn from your mistakes. I also like to learn from other couple’s mistakes. This is much wiser than learning through your own trial and error.
Can you relate to these common relationship mistakes?
– Forgetting to say “Thank you” and “I’m sorry”.
– Taking your partner for granted. Not letting them know you appreciate the things they do for you.
– Being petty. Making a big deal out of little things. Nag, nag, nag.
– Always trying to be right. Refusing to lose an argument and becoming mean if you see you’re not going to win.
– Refusing to forgive or forget past hurts or mistakes.
– Forgetting special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day or Father’s Day.
– Expecting your partner to think and be like you. Getting aggravated when they are not like you.
– Being chronically late. Making your partner wait for you.
– Not involving your partner in decisions.
– Magnifying your partner’s weaknesses as a way of making yourself feel superior to them.
– Not taking care of yourself. Allowing yourself to get out of shape, worn out and tired.
– Treating your partner wonderfully in public but negatively in private. It’s just a big show for the neighbors.
– Not pulling your weight with the household responsibilities. Sitting around while your partner busts their tail.
– Always putting your children first thus neglecting your partner. Children’s needs are important but they shouldn’t drain the relationship.
– Going to bed angry and refusing to speak to your partner. The silent treatment can be quite loud.
– Not allowing your partner to spend time with their friends or family.
– Putting your best self towards your education or career and giving your partner the leftovers. Why are you working so hard in the first place?
– Threaten to end the relationship when you are angry.
Awareness is the first key towards change. Whether you are making these mistakes or others not mentioned, here are some corrective measures you can take.
1. Always strive to do your best for your partner; even when you are tired or stressed out. Stress is never an excuse to mistreat your partner. Make your relationship a sanctuary for the two of you from the stressors of life.
2. Be determined to succeed as a partner. A strong determination will make up for any lack of skill or experience. If you believe in your relationship, then fight for it. Don’t let minor things come between you. Regret is a terrible thing.
3. Commit yourself to doing whatever it takes to become a great partner. A great partner will always do more for the relationship than a good partner will.
4. Set long term goals for your relationship. This will decrease your short term frustrations. A lot of people become discouraged if they don’t see immediate results. Be patient with yourself and with your partner.
5. Remember that, “You can’t be right and be together.” Don’t waste your time with who is right. Instead strive to do the right thing for your relationship. Sacrifice for the sake of love.
6. Make your partner feel special. Treat them as if they were a King or Queen. Exercise thoughtfulness towards your partner and make kindness a habit. Don’t worry about them becoming a monster. If they abuse the royal treatment, then drag them to therapy.
If there have been mistakes, forgive yourself and your partner as well. Then strive to correct the problems. As long as you are together, there will be mistakes. Let your mistakes teach and guide you towards becoming a great partner.
[ad_2]http://www.bzoomba.com/do-you-make-these-mistakes-in-your-relationship/http://www.bzoomba.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/7.jpghttp://www.bzoomba.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/7-300x200.jpgRelationshipsdating,dating tips,human relations approach,human relations theory,man and woman,man and woman dating,relationship,relationship status